I mentioned in my most recent “resurfacing from the pit of malaise” entry that I didn’t have anything on my needles. That’s still true, but I have unearthed two knitting projects I finished at the tail end of winter. I thought I still needed to weave in the ends, which I why I didn’t share them earlier, but as it turned out, I’d already done that, just needed to clip the threads on the second one. The hardest part about getting these camera-ready was finding one of the hats, which had escaped my knitting bag and gone to live in the cupboard with some unrelated balls of yarn.
Cap number one is a simple black number with two red stripes. I used my go to pattern for non-cuffed caps with the usual modification for added length. The yarn is Plymouth Encore left over from other projects. I will likely give this to charity. I have plenty of hats already, this doesn’t coordinate with any of my coats especially well, and of course it’s good to do charitable stuff.
For cap number two, I used three colors of leftover Plymouth Encore to make narrow stripes, which I did because I liked the effect in the blue cap I made for Weetcon and wanted to try it with three colors (in this case, slightly dark red, dusty turquoise blue, and purple). I really like how it turned out, and want to do more narrow stripes in future. This one will also probably go to charity.
I really need to start a new project but it’s hard to decide. Sweaters are out right now because a) I lack the motivation for such a big project and b) if I do lose the weight I’d like to it won’t fit anyway and I’d hate to waste all that work. I have plenty of sock yarn, and socks are wearable year ’round, so I might go that route. Or I could make a scarf or two and be ready really early for next year’s Weetcon auction (I’m assuming there will be one). Or perhaps more caps; they’re easy and I could experiment with those narrow stripes I’m so liking now. Maybe I’ll find some time this weekend to look through my stash and get inspired.
Powered by WordPress