August 2, 2017
When I did my goal progress report as of June, I revised some of my targets and set milestones for July. It’s time to see how I did.
1. I will participate in the photo a day and photo a week projects I signed up for on Flickr.
The milestone for July was to catch up with both my daily and weekly projects by the end of the month. I almost managed that; the only problem was the posting limit in the weekly group wouldn’t let me submit all the photos I needed to. I contacted an admin for the group and just got things sorted out today. Admittedly, I’m already two photos behind in the daily group again.
2. I will read 52 books (up from 35 in 2016). At least 15 of those will be in fulfillment of a Book Riot Read Harder Challenge task.
My milestone for July was to read five books, and I did.
3. I will complete at least 52 action items to resist the hate and poison unleashed by the Trump electoral college victory.
I aimed to attend one progressive event in July, and I did, even getting Mr. Karen to join me. We went to an evening hosted by Reclaim Idaho. I should be doing more, but I’m not sure what.
4. I will publish at least 10 posts a month (average) on my nail blog.
I wanted to do 15 entries in July, so as to bring my average up. I’m so funny. I did manage to post 10 times, getting into double digits for the first time since February, so that’s progress.
5. I will get some exercise at least 5 days a week.
The milestone for July was to do it and record it in MyFitnessPal. Achieved. I logged exercise on 21 days in July, and I might have missed tracking a few times.
6. I will log my food at least 3 days a week.
Nope. I did more logging than in recent months, tracking my food for eight and two-thirds days, but haven’t tracked since the 20th. It’s discouraging. I eat three not crazy meals and boom, way over my calorie goal. Yes, exercise can offset a little of that but not enough.
7. I will complete at least one organizing/unpacking task each week.
Didn’t track it. Probably did do it, though, as we’re getting ready to host a family reunion and that spurred some action, like getting the boxes of books that have been sitting around since last year unpacked. I also weeded out one of the closets, a project which became urgent when the shelf that holds the closet rod starting pulling away from the wall. Of course there is a lot, lot more to do, both in the condo and at the studio. I think that might always be the case.
8. I will try one new recipe each month. Doesn’t have to be for the Instant Pot, but probably will be.
Done. Made a chili verde recipe in the Instant Pot that was edible but not good enough that I want to make it again. This is the second pork dish I’ve tried in the IP and not liked; maybe I just need to keep pigs out of my pot.
9. I will post at least three journal entries a month (not on average, but three minimum each month) here.
I revised this goal to aim for an average of three, which is a stretch, but I did do three in July so at least didn’t fall any more behind.
You’ll note I didn’t set any milestones for August. That was deliberate. I’m not giving up on my goals, but I’m not going to stress about them this month. I’ve got too much else on my schedule: the aforementioned family reunion, then driving to Illinois to spend at least a couple weeks on getting my mom’s house ready to sell, then driving home. I’m going to do what I can manage goal-wise and reassess in early September.