July 5, 2017
I haven’t checked in on my goals since mid-April. I blame a lot of that on being away from home, though when I examine that, I have to admit I wasn’t making checking in a priority when I wasn’t gone, as I knew I didn’t have much progress to report. I do let travel mess with my pursuit of my goals, but I intend to keep traveling, so I need to figure that out. My vacation mindset needs some tweaking. A lot of things seem to need tweaking, including my goals, so as I go through this check in, I’m going to do some mid-year revisions.
1. I will participate in the photo a day and photo a week projects I signed up for on Flickr.
The situation is about the same as it was in April: I’m doing the daily photos but am way behind on posting them, and as far as the weeklies go, I only sometimes remember to check the theme before the week is up, though so far I’ve been able to make it work (I’m behind on posting those photos, too).
I am keeping this goal as is. The milestone for July will be to be caught up with both daily and weekly projects by July 31.
2. I will read 52 books (up from 35 in 2016). At least 15 of those will be in fulfillment of a Book Riot Read Harder Challenge task.
I’m at 22 books now, four behind schedule. I think that’s acceptable and catching up is achievable without having to make major changes to my routine.
I am dropping the Book Riot part of this goal. Maybe next year. Though that’s what I said last year, so maybe not. Milestone for July will be to read five books.
3. I will complete at least 52 action items to resist the hate and poison unleashed by the Trump electoral college victory.
Nope. Stuck where I was last check in. I do sometimes engage conservatives but that feels like a waste of time.
I’m not sure how I want to rework this goal. Milestone for July will be to attend one progressive event.
4. I will publish at least 10 posts a month (average) on my nail blog.
I averaged 7 for the first six months. That’s not great, but it could have been a lot worse.
Leaving the goal as it. Milestone for July will be 15 entries, as I’ll be home all month and should be able to generate content.
5. I will get some exercise at least 5 days a week.
Didn’t happen when I was on the road. Has been happening since I’ve been home. Mostly. I think. I do a crap job at tracking.
Leaving the goal. Milestone for July will be to not only do it, but record it in MyFitnessPal.
6. I will log my food at least 3 days a week.
Hasn’t been happening.
Leaving the goal in place. Milestone for July is to actually do this.
7. I will complete at least one organizing/unpacking task each week.
Again with the didn’t happen while traveling and haven’t tracked when I wasn’t. I did get the last of my Helmers (nail polish cabinets from IKEA) assembled earlier this week, so July is off to a good start.
Leaving the goal. Milestone for July is to do it and track it.
8. I will try one new recipe each month. Doesn’t have to be for the Instant Pot, but probably will be.
I think I managed one new one since April, a lentil risotto that was a success and which I’ve made several times since the first time, even feeding it to visiting family (the parents are pretty much vegan).
Keeping the goal. Milestone for July is to do it.
9. I will post at least three journal entries a month (not on average, but three minimum each month) here.
Two for April, zero for May, and three for June. So no, but trending in the right direction now.
Revising the goal to hit an average of three per month for the year.