October 1, 2007
It’s been almost two weeks since my last list entry, which I think is a decent interval, so here are the highlights of my weekend, with links to pictures where available:
1. Started piecing a baby quilt. I started with a fairly easy pattern but then modified it to better showcase a few prints I selected so now I have to try and follow my not quite accurate diagram to put it together.
2. Went to a state park in case it was our last chance for a while (the government shut down for what turned out to be about four hours). Explored some paths I hadn’t taken before and paid extra to see the farm animals. Brought the camera and took pictures of metal and concrete and goat one and goat two.
3. Snapped a second Big Boy.
4. Bought heat moldable insoles for my running shoes and tried them for the first time. They seem to have done some good because I ran a little faster with less pain than the time before. (Oh, and my nano is working again after a restore, which really should be called “kiss everything you had goodbye “.)
5. Bought a heart rate monitor and did not try it for the first time because the directions were not written for impatient people like me and setting it up is not intuitive. Maybe I’ll look around online and see if anyone has written a quick start guide for this model.
6. Spent several minutes watching a big green bug crawl around on my window screen.
7. Stayed up too late last night to see Genesis from the nosebleed section. It’s been ages since I’ve gone to a big stadium concert like that. It was a good show.