Spending close to 18 hours in the car last weekend gave me plenty of time to knit, so I did. I made one of these caps on the way to Paducah and the other one on the way home. (In between I started the second sock which is as of now just a wee bit of ribbing.) I started a third cap, too, but ripped it back when I realized I’d forgotten to change to the larger needles after the ribbing so it’s nowhere near done yet. I can’t swear I remembered to change needles on both of the caps I did finish, either–one of them, yes, but the other I’m not sure about. I’d like to believe I did, since I can’t see a change where I switched to DPNs (which were the larger size). I may just have to adapt the pattern to use all one size needle so I can stop fussing with two needle sizes for one little hat.
The hat on the left is a size small Hufflepuff made with KnitPicks Andean Silk in Yarrow and Pitch from my stash. The knitalong pattern from the Charmed Knits book calls for black as the main color and yellow for the stripes, but that just seems wrong given that the official movie scarves are black on yellow. Not that I haven’t thought about doing reverse house hats to use up some yarn, but the pattern doesn’t flip the colors for any of the other houses. Strange.
The hat on the right is a size medium Slytherin made with Berroco Ultra Alpaca (50% alpaca, 50% wool) in shade 6246 (the green) and Plymouth Galway Worsted (100% wool) in shade 140. The grey Galway came from my stash, but the green is new since I’d used all my green up on previous HP projects. I didn’t have to make any Slytherin stuff for this knitalong, but I wanted to because the green and silver has been underrepresented so far. Some might say that’s because Slytherin is evil, but I believe there’s good in every house.
Powered by WordPress